- Unlimited options variants and attributesvsLimit of 3 product options and 100 variants
- Custom hosted checkout or build your ownvsLimited checkout customization
- Advanced features out of the boxvsThird-party apps needed for basic features
- Built-in subscriptions (with any gateway)vsRequires an app for recurring payments
- No transaction fees on external payment gatewaysvsUnavoidable third-party transaction fees
- Single source user supportvsRequires cross-app troubleshooting
How does Swell compare to other platforms?
|Customizable with no apps||Yes|
|Unlimited product options, variants and attributes||Yes|
|Fully customizable checkout||Yes|
|Code in any language||Yes|
|Integration with any payment gateway||Yes|
|Transaction fees on external payment gateways||0%|
See an error here?Let us know
3 reasons why Swell is better than Shopify
Fully customizable checkout
Swell’s storefront API allows you to freely customize and build completed checkout flows.
Limited checkout customization capability is across all Shopify plans, including Shopify Plus.
Unlimited product modeling
Swell offers unlimited variants with 4+ built-in product option types, all easily customizable with controllable variant generation.
Shopify is limited to 100 variants with only 3 product options. Advanced theme hard coding or costly third-party apps are required.
Swell’s native subscription billing is included on all plans, no external apps needed for recurring orders and flexibility.
Costly third-party apps needed to manage subscriptions with limited custom options.
Why you’ll love Swell
Get more out-of-the-box
- Multi-level navigation menus (mega navs)
- Subscription products for recurring orders and flexible checkout options
- Order editing and flexible fulfilment options
- Custom pricing for wholesale and retail
Build on your own terms
- Design your storefront with customizable headless themes or build completely custom
- Code in any language
- Control conversion of multiple currencies and sell worldwide
- Create as many products and variants as you want
Scale when you’re ready
- Reduce external costs with built-in features and integrations
- Add entirely new capabilities to your system with custom data models
- Use an efficient workflow when changing live sites with Git-based hosting
When we made the decision to rebrand our website, we had a tight budget. For what Swell was offering compared to what Shopify was offering, Shopify was more expensive.Christopher Puttnam - Founder and Director, Velobici