Sweat the details
Details make up the big picture. They shape our product and how our users interact with it. We do our best to pay attention to the things others miss, and set the quality bar high.
Reenvisioning the ecommerce experience is an ambitious undertaking. We welcome the challenge, are not afraid to break conventions, and always support each other in the process.
Solving complex problems takes collaboration and understanding others’ strengths. We keep an open mind as we strive for growth and continuous improvement on a company and personal level.
Our team is remote-first, and just like our customers, they come from many countries and cultures. We encourage information to flow freely and know the importance of getting outside our bubbles.
Each team member comes with their own story and experiences. We appreciate differing points of view, assume positive intent, and see each interaction as a chance to learn and evolve our thinking.
Innovation happens when we unpack problems and question our assumptions. We are deep thinkers who take a first-principles approach to creating solutions.
Rodrigo de Almeida
Amorim Abi Ferreira
- Mid 2021
- The growing team now includes 26 people from Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Portugal, Ukraine, USA, and Uruguay.
- Late 2020
- Swell comes out of stealth mode, launching on Product Hunt and securing a $3.3M seed round led by Bonfire Ventures.
- Mid 2019
- The fully-remote team grows with people covering sales, marketing, product, design, and customer support from across the world.
- Early 2019
- 20+ industry-leading agencies join Swell's partner network to provide end-to-end solutions.
- Eric is joined by co-founders Mark, Dave, and Joshua to reach more businesses looking for a more flexible ecommerce backend.
- Swell is founded by Eric Ingram after building out a flexible schema and API for several innovative ecommerce ventures.