Track progress over time and identify trends with our built-in reporting for your store's finances, customers, and sales. You can implement additional analytics such as Google Tag Manager or other global scripts to also track metrics and user behavior on your storefront.
Tracking store data relating to sales and other metrics can be accessed from your Swell dashboard under the Reporting tab. Swell offers a variety of pre-configured report views related to your store in areas such as sales, customers, and finances. These reports are broken down by different key metrics, and you can expand these report views by customizing the data columns within reports.
You can edit the columns on any report to show additional data fields by clicking the Edit columns button and choosing an option from the drop-down menu. Each selection within this drop-down will expand the report table with the selected data sets. This feature allows for customizing your data sets within each report in order to compare key sets of information.
You can select a report date range from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the report view, allowing you to adjust the interval for which the report pulls information. For example, you could select one of the preset intervals like Last 7 days or select Custom to enter the desired date range.
You can export it as either a CSV or JSON file when viewing a report. To do so, select the Export button on the report view, and select either CSV or JSON before clicking Export download the file. Any data column that has been added to a report will also be exported during the process.
The Sales reports section contains several preset views for analyzing sales data from your Swell store. Explore sales volumes over time and sales data by product, customers, or promotions.
- Sales by day: Breaks down sales generated by day over a given period of time.
- Sales by month: Reports sales your store generated by month over a given period of time.
- Sales by product: Lists sales by individual product.
- Sales by SKU: Lists sales by individual SKU.
- Sales by coupon: Tracks sales using specific coupons.
- Sales by promotion: Tracks sales using a specific promotion.
- Sales by shipping country: Shows sales generated from each shipping country.
- Sales by customer: Reports sales generated by individual customers.
This reports section contains important customer data relating to demographics and purchase habits from within your Swell store.
- Customers over time: Measures the number of customers over a period of time.
- First-time vs. returning customer sales: Compares purchases from first-time and repeat customers.
- Customers by country: Shows a breakdown of sales by country.
- Returning customers: Tracks returning customers over a given period of time.
- First-time customers: Counts first-time customers over a set period of time.
The financial reports contain detailed information about your Swell store’s payment types and taxes by location.
- Payments by type: Breakdowns different payment types your store has used to receive payment.
- Taxes by country: Reports the taxes based on country.
- Taxes by state: Lists the taxes based on state.
- Taxes by rate: Tracks the taxes based on individual rates.
The subscription reports contain detailed information about the existing subscriptions of your store.
- Subscriptions over time: breakdown by new, paused and canceled subscriptions, as well as total sales revenue.
- Subscriptions by plan: breakdown by product name, plan, total of active subscriptions, and gross sales. It also provides a summary of the total gross value and total active subscriptions over a specific time interval.
- Trial conversions: breakdown by converted trials and expired trial conversions. This can be filtered by year, month, and day.
The area for linking your Google Tag Manager ID (also known as the Container ID) and inputting global scripts can be accessed from Swell's storefront editor under Design & global settings.
From there, select the Analytics tab to input your Google Tag Manager ID and Global scripts to input various scripts in your storefronts header and body.
You may need to update your Swell theme to see these options in the storefront editor. For additional information, see our guide for updating Swell themes.
The scripts sections also support inputting head and body scripts from various analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel—though you can also integrate Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager. This area can be used to include any scripts you do not have included within Tag Manager and gives you additional control as to where to include script positions on pages.
Once you have input your information, you will need to Publish your storefront for the updates to take effect.